Kale Egg Scramble
I just LOVE kale and greens! I try to eat vegetables at least 3 times a day. A lot of people that I work with find it difficult to eat vegetables at any time other than dinner. This may not be a recipe that you can use on a work day, but it is quick and easy to make, AND it will help keep you full! It’s a great post-workout breakfast if add whole grain toast, English muffin, or wrap it in a tortilla! You can put in whatever cheese you want, but limit it to about 1/2 ounce. I sprinkle hot sauce on it for a little kick!
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 c baby kale or mix of greens
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 3 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. shredded Parmesan or Italian cheese blend
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- dried onion powder, salt & pepper (a few "shakes")
- Whip egg, egg whites and seasonings together with milk in a mixing bowl until mixture has a lot of air/bubbles.
- Heat oil in skillet or frying pan to medium heat.
- When oil is hot in pan, saute kale until wilted, about 1 minute. Then pour in egg mixture.
- Scramble egg and kale until egg starts to solidify (1-2 minutes). Then toss in cheese.
- Continue to scramble kale, egg and cheese until no liquid egg remains (about another minute).
- Serve on plate with sliced tomatoes.